At Osprey, we respect your privacy. We know it’s important to you and it’s important to us.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to make your experience at Osprey.com the best it can be, we may need to collect certain personal information such as your name, address, phone number and email address. We also collect credit card numbers if you purchase our products and services. Collecting this information makes it easier for us to contact you if we have questions about a communication, an order, a return or a parts request.
We also collect information about your computer and web usage, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type, time and date of access, and the websites you visit before and after Osprey.com. This allows us to analyze our users’ behavior so we can improve our website and your overall experience.
Our website also uses third-party analytics vendors such as Google Analytics. Please click here for more information about how data is collected and processed in connection with the Google Analytics service: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. We and our third-party vendors or partners use analytics data for a variety of purposes such as to improve the design and functionality of our websites, to help us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, what promotions visitors like to see and to gauge the success of our advertising campaigns.
ADS ON THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
We may use information collected using our cookies on our website and in our emails to deliver Osprey branded advertising displayed to you on third-party websites. We also may use cookie information to know when you return to our website after visiting these third-party websites. We use this and other information about you to try to understand your interests and show you relevant advertising about products and services that may interest you.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information we collect for purposes described in this Policy or as disclosed to you in other ways including on our website, or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- send you catalogs and other marketing;
- provide and deliver products and services;
- provide information we think may be of interest to you;
- send you information related to products and services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Osprey and our selected partners;
- operate and improve our website and services;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- manage and administer our community features and member programs and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service; and
- link or combine with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
Osprey stores and processes personal information in the United States.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain sections of our website are designed as open and public community areas for connecting and sharing with other people. When you sign up for or participate in these areas, such as posting a product review, you will be asked to provide certain information that may be displayed publicly along with photos, stories, posts, and other information you choose to provide. We may also post or publish your information when you submit comments, stories, photos, and videos in connection with surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or promotions offered on our website.
We do not otherwise share your personal information with third parties except as follows:
- in an aggregated or anonymized form that does not directly identify you;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Osprey takes reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Osprey complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, which prohibits collecting personal information from children under the age of 13. If it comes to our attention that we have unknowingly collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete it as soon as possible.