At Osprey Europe Limited we respect the privacy of our customers, visitors to our website, entrants in our competitions and users of our apps.
By using the relevant website, by submitting personal data to Osprey or by clicking “I Agree”, depending on the website, service, or application you are using, you express your consent and agreement to the processing of your personal data in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the website, or provide Osprey with your personal data, or do not grant your consent otherwise.
Data Controller Details
Osprey Europe Limited is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data (“we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). References to “you” or “your” are to users of our site, our apps and our other services and entrants of our competitions, as applicable.
This statement explains, in line with GDPR, our privacy and data protection practices in connection with:
- Our websites and social media pages
- Our apps
- Emails and text messages which we send to our customers and recipients of our newsletters
- Entrants in our competitions
- What information we collect, how we use that information, how long we keep it for and what controls you have
We need to collect and use personal information to fulfil the expectations and requirements of our users and customers, e.g. by communicating with you and providing an interactive service.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
We collect the following kinds of information about our website and app users:
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This tells us information like how many people use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service
- Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), card or bank details, information about your interests and hobbies etc. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, product purchases, feedback, competition entries etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our site or use our apps. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services
- User-Generated Content We may also collect other information that you submit or disclose in connection with our services, such as product interests, reviews, feedback, testimonials, ideas, postings, submissions, photographs, diagrams, drawings, plans, notes, suggestions, inventions, creative materials, videos, designs, and other information. Where applicable we will ask permission before using your content on our website or social media platforms
- Device information such as information about the device (for example, iPhone or iPad) or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of our apps onto, including, where available: the device’s or computer’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and, if applicable, mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- Location information when you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these services may require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the App settings on your device
- Unique application numbers when you install or uninstall an app containing a unique application number or when such an app searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us
In addition, our apps will collect and track information regarding the app experience – such as your phone model, the duration and frequency of your usage sessions, information regarding application crashes, the particular screens you choose to view, etc.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Osprey Europe follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Osprey Europe uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Osprey Europe has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
When might we provide personal information to others?
- When we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, e.g. processing, mailing or delivering orders, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending mail and emails, analysing data or processing credit card payments
- If you have agreed that we may do so (including if we have told you that we would like to share your information with other like-minded organisations and you have not indicated that you don’t want us to do this)
- If we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from our site, if required to do so by law, to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Osprey, our website or our visitors and for other lawful purposes
- If we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, customers and sales to describe our services and operations to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Osprey Europe does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.