Date of Last Revision: October 20, 2023
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU INTERACT WITH US
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, IP address, internet provider, unique device identifiers, browser type and other details, such as MAC address and geolocation if your device permits sharing your precise geolocation.
- Activity Information: We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, the amount of time you spent viewing or using the Services, the number of times you return to the Services, links clicked, emails we send to you that you open or forward, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Call Recordings: We record phone calls with our customer service team for training, quality assurance and administration purposes. If required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before recording your call.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. You can erase or disable cookies by changing the preferences in your web browser or by visiting https://optout.aboutads.info/. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
- Osprey may collect your email address via cookies and pixels on the Website through the use of trusted third party partners. These partners may combine your email information with other information they have access to such as mailing address so that Osprey may serve relevant marketing offers to you via direct mail. If you do not want Osprey to collect information about you, please contact Osprey to opt out
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other customers who provide information about you (such as to send you a gift), fraud prevention providers, advertising and analytics providers, market research companies, mailing list providers and social media sites.
INFORMATION WE DERIVE
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about products, services and events offered by Osprey and others, and provide news and information we think may be of interest to you, such as by sending you catalogs and other marketing material;
- Provide, maintain, personalize and improve our Services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, customer experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and administer our loyalty program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Osprey and others;
- Debug, identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- If you submit a product review or post content in a public area of our Services, we may share this information publicly on our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that you have violated the law or regulations or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Osprey, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- Personal information is shared between and among Osprey and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to show you ads that are customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Osprey is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it, including in the United States.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or “CCPA” (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) and the Shine the Light law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83) afford consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
In the preceding 12 months, we m For details about the precise data points we collect, the categories of sources of such collection and the business and commercial purposes for which we collect personal information, please see the Collection of Information and Use of Information sections above.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information
Category of Third Parties
Marketing and advertising partners, data analytics providers, market research platforms, payment processors, fulfillment partners, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers, technical maintenance and system security providers
Data analytics providers, marketing and advertising partners, market research platforms, payment processors, fulfilment partners, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
Marketing and advertising partners, data analytics providers, cloud service providers, fraud prevention partners, technical maintenance and system security providers
Fraud prevention partners
Customer support partners
Marketing and advertising partners, data analytics providers, customer support partners, fraud prevention partners, cloud service providers
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we sell, which, for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which Osprey has shared personal information with third parties in exchange for valuable consideration.
You have the right to opt out of these sales at any time by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page. We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Subject to certain limitations, you have:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed and sold about you;
- The right to request that we delete personal information we have collected about you;
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information; and
- The right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
To exercise any of the above rights, you may call us at 866-284-7830 or visit our CCPA requests page. You also may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When you exercise these rights and submit a request to us, we will verify your identity by asking you to log in to your account if you have one with us. If you do not have an online account, we may ask for your email address, order numbers of previous orders of our products and services, or the last four digits of a credit or debit card used to make a purchase. We also may use a third-party verification provider to verify your identity.
SHINE THE LIGHT
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code section 1798.83) permits California residents to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties or affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. Osprey qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please visit “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” page. Please allow up to 30 days for us to process your request. You may submit such a request once per year.